- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy)
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 splash kahlua
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
For the Crust:
Pulse together almond flour, cocoa powder, cashews, 1.5t vanilla, honey and 2T of melted coconut oil. Press into a spring form pan and bake @350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Pulse together bananas, 1t vanilla, arrowroot powder and eggs. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler. Add kahlua to taste. Temper egg mixture with chocolate. Incorporate the remaining chocolate into batter and mix well. Pour into crust and bake @ 200 degrees for 1 hour. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of oven for the entire bake time. Let cool completely before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with a berry or chocolate sauce, coconut whipped cream, chopped nuts, berries or plain!