So this one was STRICTLY for my husband…I am not a fan of the Pig, although I do like eggs in almost ANY form! Then I decided to leave out the ham on mine and try it with just the tomato. BOOM! His and her breakfast was served…AMAZING!!!! So in case this was something you have been missing, now you can enjoy it all over again!!!
– 6 eggs, poached
– 6 slices Canadian bacon or ham
– 6 thickly sliced tomatoes
– fresh chopped chives
– 1/4 cup + 2 T almond flour
– 1/8 cup coconut flour
– 1/2 tsp. arrowroot flour
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 3/4 Tbsp. coconut oil OR Vegan shortening
– 3 egg whites
– 3 eggs yolks
– 1 T lemon juice
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1/8 tsp. paprika
– Dash or two or three of cholula (optional)
– Dash pepper
– 1/2 cup melted ghee
TO MAKE THE BISCUITS:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a liner or parchment paper.
2. Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in the oil/shortening and mix with a fork until the dough is crumbly. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in small bowl until frothy. Fold the egg whites into chilled dough until well combined.
4. Take about 1/4 cup of the dough mixture and place on lined baking sheet, patting the dough gently to form a thick, flat circle (shaped like a biscuit!). You should have 6 biscuits total.
5. Bake for 18 minutes or until they are a light golden brown on top.
**While they are baking, heat up your Canadian bacon or ham in a skillet, make your hollandaise and cook your eggs!
1. Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, sea salt, paprika and pepper in a blender and mix for about 10 seconds.
2. Set the blender on medium speed and slowly pour in the ghee. It should thicken very quickly.
1. Place two biscuits on a plate. Top each biscuit with a tomato, then slice of Canadian bacon, one poached egg, and then drizzle hollandaise sauce over the top. Sprinkle with chopped chives, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Break the yolk.